Tuesday, March 21, 2006

V FOR VENDETTA
OR V FOR VACATION--
FROM WORK THAT IS!




Went to see V for Vendetta last Thursday at a special screening for work--aren't I special? Now, who wouldn't want to spend 2 hours at a movie theater and get paid for it, especially when it's not something that you don't want to get paid for and watch...like Catwoman, maybe. Well, the movie was good, not the best comic book movie ever, but good. Granted, they left a lot out of the movie which was in the original graphic novel, like all the subplots with the minor characters, and changed things here and there, but still pretty true to the original story. Natalie Portman was very good, although her English accent sounded a bit Australian every now and then, and Hugo Weaving was great. Considering he had a mask on through the whole movie, his acting was incredible. So all and all, I'd give it 4 bananas out of 5, although there were no monkeys in the film--so I fling my poo at whoever's idea that was! Check out the official website for the incredible poster designs...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was supposed to go see it last Friday, but I opted to stay in and study instead. Never give me a choice: I'll always choose to stay home. I'll see it eventually.

But that's neither hither nor thither. There is a great article in Rolling Stone about one of the creators of the flick. He is apparently into s&m and bondage. He married his dominatrix, and now goes everywhere wearing dresses and heels. Hey - whatever floats your boat, right?

Keep it real, Dr Zaius.